Every year, people from all corners of the globe visit Santa Monica in hopes of getting a taste of the ever illustrious So-Cal lifestyle. Our backyard is their dream vacation spot, not that we blame them. After all, between the bright blue pacific ocean lining the coast, palm trees as far as the eye can see, world-famous attractions, 5-star restaurants around every corner, and non-stop adventures, there’s definitely something special about the community.
Luckily for us, this is the place we call home. We don’t have to travel far to experience the grandeur of Santa Monica, so why not consider planning a staycation here for your next getaway trip? Whether you want to recharge, explore more of the city, or just do something different than your normal weekend plans, a Santa Monica staycation is exactly the answer you’re looking for.
Want to plan your own Santa Monica trip? We’ve got you covered. From the hotel, food, and things to do, here’s how you can put together the ultimate staycation- the DTC way.
Where To Stay
Look no further than the Fairmont Miramar Hotel And Bungalows for your weekend getaway. This is the place where luxury and leisure meet the classic Santa Monican beach bum lifestyle we know all too well, with their upscale accommodations, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal bluffs, and other high-class amenities you won’t want to miss. Not to mention, this hotel is situated right in the heart of Santa Monica, meaning you’ll be close to all the action this city has to offer. Dogtown Coffee even has a location right on the hotel’s property, so you’ll be able to start your days right away with a tall cup of the best Santa Monica coffee and a delicious artisan breakfast burrito to energize your adventures. Pretty soon, this hotel will start to feel like your home away from home.
What To Do
If there’s one thing Santa Monicans know how to do well, it’s having fun. No matter what you’re in the mood to do during your staycation, this city has the perfect activity for you. From spending time with the otherworldly natural landscape of Santa Monica to treating yourself to a luxe shopping spree, there’s something for everyone. Here’s just a short list of different activities you might want to indulge in during your staycation:
- Bike down the Marvin Braude Bike Trail- Feel the ocean breeze in your hair and catch some of Santa Monica’s best scenic views with a trip down the Marvin Braude Trail. Don’t have a bike? No problem! There are lots of bike rental spots located around the Pier, and the Fairmont Miramar even offers bike rentals to hotel guests equipped with baskets to pack a full Santa Monica breakfast you can enjoy during your expeditions around the city.
- Visit the local museums- Want to learn a bit more about the place you call home? Check out some of the local history museums, like the California Heritage Museum or the Santa Monica History Museum.
- Shop at the Promenade- If you want to treat yourself to a shopping spree, the Third Street Promenade is a must. As Santa Monica’s premiere shopping experience, you’ll find all sorts of interesting storefronts, from boutiques, to eclectic shops, luxury brands, and everything in between.
- Enjoy yoga on Santa Monica Beach- Recharge and refresh your body and mind by taking a yoga class right on the beach. Featuring views of Santa Monica’s natural beauty as your backdrop and the soothing sounds of crashing waves while you stretch out your muscles, this is an experience you won’t want to miss. Head over to Beach Yoga SoCal for more information.
- Visit famous attractions- Channel your inner tourist by checking out some of the most famous attractions Santa Monica has to offer at the Pier. Whether you want to learn more about aquatic life at Heal The Bay Aquarium, play some carnival games at Pacific Park, or just take in the ocean views, Santa Monica Pier has it all for an afternoon full of nonstop fun.
Where To Eat
There’s no doubt that this city is home to some seriously good eats, from quick bites to 5-course meals. Of course, as a local Santa Monica cafe, Dogtown Coffee is always a must for early morning pastries paired with freshly brewed teas or to fuel up during lunch with carne asada tacos and a smoothie. But, if you’re looking for late-night plans, FIG Restaurant and The Bungalow are both great options. Both located in the Fairmont Miramar Hotel, you can begin your night by grabbing a delicious dinner made with fresh locally harvested ingredients at FIG, before heading over to The Bungalow to play a game of Billiards while sipping on cocktails and overlooking the beach at this ocean front lounge.
Have The Perfect Santa Monica Staycation
As with any other vacation, the key to having the ultimate trip is to always plan ahead of time. That means outlining all the places you’ll want to visit, making any reservations, scheduling your days, and if you have pups at home, finding them a safe place to spend the night. However, you won’t have to look any further than Shannon’s K9s! This incredible team of professionals is committed to providing specialized care to all the dogs and puppies of Santa Monica with hikes, walks, daycare, and even overnight boarding for your staycation needs. They’re the perfect option you can trust to care for your pets while you’re away. That way, you can relax and enjoy your vacation knowing your pups are in great hands with some of the best pet care Santa Monica has to offer! To learn more about Shannon’s K9s, check out their website.
This blog is brought to you by local Santa Monica coffee shop, Dogtown Coffee.